Saturday, December 17, 2011

Free Theme #2 - Experience #1

Self-disclosure - I desire to be flexible, adaptable, and open to new experiences. It doesn't make sense to be in a rut, which my mother defined as a grave with the ends kicked out. I confess to be just as set in my ways as the next person but it isn't necessary to reinvent myself every moment of the day. However, to avoid the aforementioned rut/grave and to more fully live life, I intend to, on purpose, create new experiences, at least one a week. Sometimes life happens when you make plans but serendipitous happenings don't come along as often as I would like and sometimes I overlook the possibilities. Awareness is everything.
So, this is my first official new experience in this self-imposed challenge which starts before the new year - Beef Wellington. I found this simple and tasty recipe in a magazine. Everyone approved. Might have to repeat it since we have more meat in the freezer!
New experience definition: pretty much anything I haven't done before, i.e. read a different genre, try a new recipe, visit a new place, learn a new skill, etc. The possibilities are endless, of course, and I intend to keep them varied. This won't become just a food blog or just a reading blog. It will be fun.

2 comments:

  1. A great reasonable way to insert some excitement in your life. Best of luck to you in your new venture this year.

    ReplyDelete