Sunday, March 6, 2011

#295 Symmetrical

Swan by Robert Carter. "The artist recreates elements from the Colonial Theatre neon swan in this graceful bench of steel filled with concrete."
Above the bench is a neon sign that is supposed to be "swan-like." I didn't get it so am not including it in this presentation. The bench is on the corner near the historic Colonial Theatre, which is a must-see when visiting Idaho Falls. We watched The Nutcracker performed here in December. As you can see, the sunny location has melted the snow. Yippee!
Another in the "Art You Can Sit On" series.

6 comments:

  1. That looks relatively comfortable and functional too. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shape of this one and my imagination is telling me that the ends resemble lotus buds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is something "swan-like" in this bench, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really graceful looking but I bet it might be a cold seat in the winter even if snow wasn't on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a happy resting spot

    ReplyDelete