Saturday, July 16, 2011

#275 Snack or Treat

After yesterday's rant against gourmet cupcakes I have to confess to preferring a Hostess cup cake. Not Little Debbie, not Tastee Cakes. Hostess. Not Twinkies, not Ding Dongs, not Ho-Ho's. Just this chocolate cupcake. I admit it doesn't taste as good as I remember from fifty years ago, but still better to me than the gourmets. And you don't have to tell me about all the fake "food", preservatives, corn solids, etc. that are in this snack. I know. We all have our dirty secrets. This is the snack I look for at the convenience stores on road trips, so I don't eat a package very often. That's all the justification I'm doing today. Sigh.

10 comments:

  1. Ignorance is bliss....and those things are tasty. I'm with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic. I am with you I always enjoyed these as a child. Haven't had one in forever. Your pic looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we all deserve a treat. I'm hankering for a Hostess Pie now! I tried a Snowball a few years ago and like you, it wasn't like I remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG--you have totally brought me back to my childhood, when my sister and I would get our allowance, and we'd walk down to Greg's corner grocery store, ans we'd buy a package of two of those Hostess cupcakes--it cost a dime, so we each chipped in half of our ten cent allowance. I have even seen one of them in well over 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. also a perfect bedtime snack! love your composition, it made my mouth water. this is a dirty secret I'd like to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in grade school, a friend had these packed in her lunch on a daily basis. I was so envious as it wasn't something my parents bought. I am a fan of these plus the Snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bobbi,
    I've not found of chocolate, but give ma box of twinkies and I'll wipe them out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yesssss.....a favorite of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, I think this would be my favourite to. Never seen any so I googled and found a recipe but,,,don't know if I'll manage but I think I'll give it a try and if I do I will show them in my blog. But first... translate all the measures

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go Bobbi, that is my fav as well. Never settle for second best!!

    ReplyDelete