Monday, April 11, 2011

#250 Rural

Near Bird-In-Hand, Pennsylvania, this large farm represents the rural area. I noticed the dome-shaped silos which I don't think are common in the West. Not being a country girl I could be mistaken. I was hoping to spend more time in the Amish country between Gettysburg and Philadelphia but it got dark and we were anxious to get back to the hotel. However, we did sneak in a wonderful supper at the Family Cupboard Restaurant and Buffet. The apple dumpling was decadently delicious.

5 comments:

  1. I love all the shadows in the foreground of this which leads to that magnificent farm house and barn area...I am not sure about the silos either, but they make for a cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived for a year in that area when I was little--started first grade there. It's always seemed like Eden to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That farm is a small community by itself, and I love the name, 'Bird in hand' and the look of the surrounding fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love traveling in Amish areas near our area also. As for domed silos in the West...I think many were originally domed when first built but the tops were either removed, damaged, or fell down. At least that's how ours is.

    ReplyDelete