Thursday, April 7, 2011

#48 Chocolate

So here's the thing. Five of us flew to Philadelphia for a week of unabashed tourism. Just to let you know what's coming for the next I-don't-know-how-many-days. I took over 800 pix - filled up my memory card.
We had to take a side trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania and pay tribute to chocolate consumerism. I'm thinking two parents plus kids might get out of the attraction under $100, even without any admission fees (like Disneyland).

Yes, that's a five pound Hershey bar. It only costs $40 plus shipping. It's too big and heavy to fit into the suitcase. A gift for her DH.
Mom and sons outside the entrance. We had so much fun!

9 comments:

  1. I went there as a kid, many (many, many) years ago and I still remember being excited that when we checked in to the hotel, we each got a Hershey bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember driving through Hersery and remarking how good the town smelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you love the Kisses on the lamp posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds very promising, would like to be there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to climb up on the welcome sign and take a bite out of the the Hershey characters. LOVE Reese's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that face on the Reese's character. Such expressive eyes! How long will the 5 pounder last? Will it make it home in one piece?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen chocolate so huge...I wonder if he eats it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a scrumptious fun time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete