Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#59 Cooking

I usually cook just for the two of us and I like to keep it simple. Meat loaf is easy to put together but I don't like to chop onions every day so . . .
2 lbs. hamburger
1 lb. (or 1-12 oz pkg) Jimmy Dean sausage - Regular
1 onion chopped
3 eggs (one per pound of meat)
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs

The light colored pieces in the mixture above are either onion or cracker crumbs.
I then shape the mixture in 10 oz. loaves. This is enough for one meal for the two of us.
Freeze them for about two hours then place in large ziplock. When needed, pop in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Yum. Easy. (The recipe makes seven loaves but all did not fit on the cookie sheet.)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that's my recipe lol....except I make double and it all disappears (2 17 yr old boys)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips and recipe. I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done "how to". We love meatloaf here too only I don't follow a recipe and it is different every time. Like your tip to make ahead and freeze. It's usually a request when daughter is home from college so a full recipe goes fast.

    ReplyDelete