Saturday, January 22, 2011

#287 Stripes


The boys don't sleep in the same place very often so this was a great photo opportunity. I love their stripes and ring tails. The horse blanket makes them even stripe-ier. The horse blanket has never seen a horse. We bought it on one of our trips to Arizona.
Simon, the gray one is 9 years old and weighs in at twenty pounds, give or take. His tummy doesn't have a dirty spot - it's just a spot. Garfunkel is the Orange One, three years old and "only" fifteen pounds. Everyone comments on how big they are. I guess we are used to it.

12 comments:

  1. that just goes to show they really do kinda like each other! :) You have two beautiful huge cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look to be very contented cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes on stripes, an inventiv photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mt cat sleeps on her back legs akimbo, must be cool there, do they bunch when it gets cold? She weighs around 16 pounds now but was only around 6 pounds when wegot her from the pound and is as old as Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I catch my two close to each other. I always start singing "Secret Lovers". My mom has an orange cat named Simon (I know Garfunkel is your orange one), who weighs 23 pounds. I call him "Orange Crusher" or "Woolly Bully"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan on using my cat for the stripe theme too! I think this is the first time I have seen Simon, and he is a good looking boy.

    I recently met a man whose father played piano in the Bridge Over Troubled Water recording. I have been digging into my S+G archives quite a bit lately. Bravo to you for naming your cats after two fine musicians/singers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got stripes going on everywhere here. :) The cats look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This also would fit the theme of comfy & cozy. Makes me want to nap along side them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are just too cute. They look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love stripes and especially stripes on kitties! You have lots of kitty to love there, lucky you! They are beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bobbi, Simon and Garfunkel are just too cute! I hope we will get to see more of them in your future captures. I love kitty cats :0)

    ReplyDelete