Sunday, January 23, 2011

#302 The Letter "A" = Aspens

"Aspens on Edge" by Bland Hoke - one of the Art You Can Sit On collection of benches in Idaho Falls. The second photo shows the bench from the front which faces the river (and features Mr. Mallard). I like the silhouette better with the river in the background. It's a pretty spot to watch the river flow by (after the ice melts and the sun shines!).
I just want you to know that I have given my body to photography. I slipped on the ice getting back to the car. No big deal as I was already on hands and knees trying to make progress. That ice was not allowing any grip. The good news is spring is coming!



7 comments:

  1. Interesting bench and a very nice wiew sitting there (othere seasons ofcourse) Lots of ice here and I don't leave my countryhouse without studs added on my boots (idea - they might be something to show if I find a suitable theme :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we do to get a challenge pic...glad you were not injured! This was worth the hastle though...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you did not get injured. This looks to be a wonderful place to visit on a warm spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little bench. Glad you made it safely home...and you AND your camera are in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless your heart. I hope that you are hurt too bad. Your bench images were worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a very stylish bench, not sure about how comfortable it looks though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat bench and view from it would be nice to experience too with all the sounds and smells of spring. Sorry you bit the dirt and glad that only your pride was damaged. How did your camera make out?

    ReplyDelete