Saturday, June 11, 2011

#288 Strong

My two adopted grandsons pose at the Rocky Bilboa statue in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum. I recall a big hullabaloo both for and against a pop culture representation at a classic art museum. As you can see from the bottom photo, it's not very large, off to the side of the steep steps leading up to the entrance, and could be easy overlooked.

I'm not a boxing fan or a Stallone fan but running the steps and seeing the statue were on our must-see/do list. Just cuz.

6 comments:

  1. Nice find for the theme. Yes, the steps shot in Rocky is a classic (and I'm not a fan of his either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun shot with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they run up and down the steps, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have that iconic music playing too?? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your grandsons with the Rocky statue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the pic of you running the steps lol I wasn't a huge Rocky fan, but I too would have to stop for the same reason you did! :)

    ReplyDelete