Sunday, June 26, 2011

#60 Costume

One of the reasons for going to Cody, Wyoming last weekend was to attend the Plains Indian Museum 30th Annual Pow Wow - our first. What can I say - it was awesome. Overwhelming color and an inspiring introduction to intertribal culture they are working hard to preserve.This is during the Grand Entrance where the dancers are introduced in groups according to their dance division, gender, and age. I think these men were in the "fancy feathers" division. Eye candy. Lots of eye candy. I enjoyed the drums and dancing, too. What a weekend!

5 comments:

  1. It is always a treat to see the different cultures celebrating their heritage. I love the colorful costumes of the 'fancy feathers" dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. must be great to se all this, such colors shapes and handicraft wish I had been there to

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors in these costumes...look the look of concentration and intent in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the male of the species doesn't mind getting into a few feathers and headware now and then.

    ReplyDelete