Thursday, June 30, 2011

Halfway

Halfway through the 2011 Elements Village Photo Challenge I take some time to reflect on this project. I am so I decided to participate! I started a similar project on Flickr in 2010 but was disappointed that only a few people commented and not very often. Then I was going to have to pay an annual fee for posting over 200 photos so I bailed. Then I found Elements Village.


I especially like the theme concept. This challenge makes me think of photo subject in many different ways. The "rules" are pretty loose. That takes the pressure off and allows a variety of interpretations. I notice that some of the blogs aren't following the themes. That's OK and I'm glad we don't "have to" go in order. Whew! I'm glad there are free themes. I'm glad "The Letter A" can be something that begins with the letter A or is an actual picture of the letter. I'm glad the blogs can be a year-long collection of children or animal photos, a travel log, a daily diary of ordinary happenings, only inanimate objects, only people objects, or whatever rocks your boat!


Your blogs have increased my knowledge of cameras and digital processing. My eight-year-old Canon PowerShot A510 is pretty good but has no bells and whistles. I confess I haven't tested the limits of my camera but am encouraged by your blogs to increase my skills.


Your photos also bring back dusty personal memories, pique my interest in a geographical place or historical happening, or bring a smile to my face. Can't have too many smiles. BTW, I occasionally steal one of your photos for my wallpaper. Beautiful!


I soooo appreciate the comments you leave, whether regarding the quality of the photo or how the photo subject connects to your life. The comments make me feel like I make a contribution to your day, at least occasionally. I consider you virtual friends and count you as another benefit of being a part of this challenge. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. You couldn't have said my sentiments (as well) better! The people make this challenge fun and I always learn so much from everyone (including you)! I am so glad you joined us this year! Glad you are having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a beginner and have found the 365 theme challenge a great way to learn from my fellow bloggers, and to get out and "see" the world though new "theme" eyes. Happy Photo Blogging . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to sum up just what I was thinking and doing it in such an eloquent fashion, you covered everything that was important and made it all seem so personal, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto all of the above! An armchair tour, photography workshop, inspiration, and just plain fun. My horizons have been expanded more than I can describe! Glad to have met you,too!

    ReplyDelete