Sunday, June 12, 2011

#37 Car Parts

I let other people's clutter bother me. In my wandering through the country side the last few months, I have seen so many country properties with accumulations of abandoned cars, trucks, farm equipment, single-wides and other vehicles I can't see because of the tall grass. I suppose it's expensive to have them hauled to the junk yard but really. How can they stand it? This property has a vintage pre-WWII car in a "shed." I counted twelve more vehicles including a pickup truck and an orange VW bug scattered throughout a small field. It could have been worse. I wonder if they would sell any one of them for parts if someone asked.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, the price for scrap metal has rarely been higher than now. Here it is over $200 a ton, so you think they would convert the eyesores to cash. Looks like a nice day, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If other people's clutter bothers you, you are more than welcome to come to my home and help fix it :-) That said, my clutter is nowhere near as serious as this. I'm with Steven, they should be selling these for scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it, too, Bobbi! But some people are just hoarders and it's beyond their ability to let go of their junk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet they would (to get it out of their yards) lol I'm with you on that subject!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would think the price of scrap iron would clear out some of the junkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would maybe consider that pre-WW-II body to be a treasure but the others?.. please, put them to better use!

    ReplyDelete