Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#357 What is That?

What is that? That is a photo of the mirror on the ceiling above the world's largest chocolate fountain at the Jean Phillipe Patisserie in the Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. I know it's the world's largest because the sign says so. Also the Guinness Book of World Records says so. It's hard to make it out in this photo because you are looking at the bottom and reflected top of the glass bowls which form the fountain.
The fountain is behind glass. I was hoping for a fondue arrangement like I experienced at a banquet once. Chocolate dipped banana - yummmm. Alas, no sampling.

This was on my must-see list. Success! (In case you are wondering why I didn't choose the Chocolate theme for this, I have other places in mind.)

For more information go to: http://www.jpchocolates.com/

12 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I just want to put my hands under that chocolate! :) You woke my taste buds up this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no sampling? That's not nice! Looks delicious, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is that? This is a very good method to wake up my chocolate-hunger, as I am a very fan of candy in all forms, alas. Above all the first of the pictures is very interesting, without your explanation never had guesses what I might be. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not have guessed...and then you would have to hold me back from diving in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to go there. I am a chocoholic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just there last week! Dove Chocolate Discoveries had a conference at the Paris and recommended we head to Bellagio to check out the fountain :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how the pump works that recirculates the chocolate? It must be kept warm to keep it liquified. Hmm, others think of eating from the fountain and I'm wondering about the mechanics! I guess I am not a chocolate person. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a truly decadent display of a chocolate fountain, surely someone gets to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm...I too would want a taste! But what a waste if one can't eat that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative, nice eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the top image so intriguing. Quite like chocolate too as a matter of fact :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can think of is Willy Wonka! Wonderful photo for the theme!

    ReplyDelete